|Love and care for others in the age of Social Media
|Sunday, 02 September 2012, 02:00pm - 04:00pm |
LOVE AND CARE FOR OTHERS IN THE AGE OF SOCIAL MEDIA: 2 Multifaith Forums
Dates: Sunday 24 June & Sunday 2 September 2012
Venue: Maitripa Centre, 528 Myers Creek Road, Healesville (in the beautiful Yarra Valley)
Cost: $20 per forum (Affordable meals, snacks and barista style coffee will be available at Dogen’s Café onsite at Maitripa Centre)
In these two forums, four teachers from different faiths will explore how to love and care for others in the age of social media. The panel will dialogue on important topics and answer questions and engage with the audience at each forum. Participants will be able to: learn more about the great faith traditions of the world; connect with others pursuing a religious and spiritual path; and find out more about interfaith dialogue and activities happening in your world. An ongoing blog on the program themes will operate before and between the programs.
FORUM ONE: THE LOVE OF HUMANITY IN ALL RELIGIOUS TRADITIONS
Date: 24 June 2012 Time: 2.00pm to 4.00pm
Forum members will discuss the theme of the program in an interfaith context.
• How do we avoid letting religion, culture, or race getting in the way of good relations
with our neighbours?
• What is the role and place of religion in the modern world?
• Is love and care of humanity the shared message of religion?
• What is the value of interfaith dialogue?
FORUM TWO: WORKING WITH OTHERS WITH LOVE AND COMPASSION IN THE AGE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Date: 2 September 2012 Time: 2.00pm to 4.00pm
Forum members will discuss the theme in relation to the impact of social media on the religious and spiritual path.
• Are 24/7 technologies such as iPads and smart phones making us too busy to care?
• YouTube: wisdom of the ages or a banality on steroids?
• Will there be a Facebook led spiritual revolution?
• What effect does the lack of facetoface
contact by social media have on us?
• I twitter, therefore I am. Does social media increase our humanity?
Booking & Further Information
For further information or to register contact the EVam Buddhist Institute on:
Phone (03) 9387 0422
Visit us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/Multi.Faith.Forums
Proudly presented by E-Vam Institute and Maitripa Centre
Location : Maitripa Centre, 528 Myers Creek Road, Healesville (in the beautiful Yarra Valley)
Contact : EVam Buddhist Institute on: (03) 9387 0422 or email: